Bashung in English: Duos, Covers and Discoveries

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Flash Forward



Words and Music: Serge Gainsbourg

Un soir qu'à l'improviste, chtac
One night unexpectedly boom
Je frappe à ma porte toc-toc
I rap at my door knock knock
Sans réponse je pousse le loqu'
No answer I push the lock
J'écoute gémir le hamac,
I hear the hammock groan
Grincer les ressorts du paddock
The box springs of the paddock grind
J'avance dans le black out
I advance into the blackout
Et mon Kodak
And my Kodak
Impressionne sur les plaques sensibles de mon cerveau
Imprints on the sensitive plates of my brain
Une vision de claque
A vision of bang
Je sens mon rythme cardiaque
I feel my cardiac rhythm
Qui passe brutalement à un mac-2
That moves brutally to mach 2
Tic-tac, tic-tac, tic-tac, tic-tac,
Tic toc, tic toc, tic toc, tic toc
Comme sous un électro-choc
As if under an electric chock
Elle était entre deux macaques
She was between two macaques
Du genre festival de Woodstock
Of the sort Woodstock festival
Semblait une guitare rock à deux jacks
Seemed a rock guitar with two jacks
L'un à son trou d'obus, l'autre à son trou de balle, crack
One with his mortar hole, the other with his bullet hole, crack
Hey Doc, qui moi ? paranoïaque ?
Hey Doc, who me? paranoid?
Demandez donc un peu au vioque qui est portier de nuit
Then ask a bit of the old woman who is the night porter 
Au Roxy Hotel, si je débloque,
At the Roxy Hotel if I released
C'est là à jamais sur le bloc note de ma mémoire
It's there forever on the bloc note of my memory
Black sur white, et quoi que je fasse
Black on white and whatever I do
Ça me reviendra en flash back, bordel,
It will come back to me in a flashback, hell
Jusqu'à ce que j'en claque
Until that time I snap


No comments:

Post a Comment